Favorite Veggie?

Thursday, August 19, 2010

Challenge #2

We're going to save you money, how exciting is that?! 1 Capri Sun pouch can be sucked down in 2.3 seconds, ingesting 110 calories and 30g of sugar (that's like 2.5 TABLESPOONS!) according to my favorite website, www.calorieking.com. So what can we do about this, you may ask? I will tell you! Take any pitcher in your cabinet (one you may have sugary juices in, dump that out) and put any frozen fruit in the bottom. 1/2 a cup should do you just fine! Then fill the container (4 quarts, I'm assuming) and then pour from there into reusable water bottles. Now you are green and your kids have slashed their calories and sugars! Yeah Mom!

Any moms out there with Comcast? Did you know there are a lot of kids workouts and yoga on Demand! How exciting is that? My 11 year old and I do it before bed (with the 2 year old climbing through the poses and everything!) and the lengthening in her muscles helps with growth and development. I run with friends and one brought her daughter last night. It was great because at a track they can run their own pace with out getting left behind. And I'll have you know they love competition, so race the straights, walk the curves!

Good luck and happy packing!

No comments:

Post a Comment